Ceasar
I just got a phone call from my daddy informing me that our long time dog, Ceasar, past away last night from old age (he's guessing). Ceasar was 12 years old (so I guess 84 in dog years!)
This is one of the first time's my dad has called me bummed out about something. My dad has always been a man who takes things in stride and knows and expects things like this to happen in life. I already miss my dad terribly right now and to hear him bummed out about this makes me all the more sad to not be around him right now.
So to reminisce, instead of cry (since I'm at work), these are the things I remember and loved the most about Ceasar:
*I remember the day we got Ceasar (we got him from my favorite teacher in junior high who was getting rid of his daughter's 1 year old dog since she was moving). I told him I would talk to my dad and see if we could have a dog! I came home and begged and pleaded to convince both my dad and step-mom that we needed to have a dog! They agreed, and the next day we got the information to go pick him up. We loaded into the car (the whole family) to go get our new dog... I was so thrilled! After we picked Ceasar up, we stopped by the DQ in Canal Park to have a frozen treat and I enjoyed my ice cream...while sharing it with Ceasar!
*Ceasar always had a bounce in his step up until the past few months. He was the happiest dog we'd ever owned!
*I took pride in teaching him new tricks, such as sitting, shaking hands and rolling over (even though it was kind of a sorry roll over-really only a half roll over)...I was so proud of him!
*I loved his nubby tail, to this day we don't know what kind of dog mix he was!
*One of the most loyal, outgoing and happy dogs I know (I might be a little biased though).
Thank you for letting me be sad for just a moment.
Jenny
This is one of the first time's my dad has called me bummed out about something. My dad has always been a man who takes things in stride and knows and expects things like this to happen in life. I already miss my dad terribly right now and to hear him bummed out about this makes me all the more sad to not be around him right now.
So to reminisce, instead of cry (since I'm at work), these are the things I remember and loved the most about Ceasar:
*I remember the day we got Ceasar (we got him from my favorite teacher in junior high who was getting rid of his daughter's 1 year old dog since she was moving). I told him I would talk to my dad and see if we could have a dog! I came home and begged and pleaded to convince both my dad and step-mom that we needed to have a dog! They agreed, and the next day we got the information to go pick him up. We loaded into the car (the whole family) to go get our new dog... I was so thrilled! After we picked Ceasar up, we stopped by the DQ in Canal Park to have a frozen treat and I enjoyed my ice cream...while sharing it with Ceasar!
*Ceasar always had a bounce in his step up until the past few months. He was the happiest dog we'd ever owned!
*I took pride in teaching him new tricks, such as sitting, shaking hands and rolling over (even though it was kind of a sorry roll over-really only a half roll over)...I was so proud of him!
*I loved his nubby tail, to this day we don't know what kind of dog mix he was!
*One of the most loyal, outgoing and happy dogs I know (I might be a little biased though).
Thank you for letting me be sad for just a moment.
Jenny
Comments
Post a Comment