Obedient

After a nerve racking couple of weeks, we finaly received confirmation that I had been accepted to seminary. I was overwhelmed as I began to think about the future. My mind tore through all the thoughts as though I had to come up with the answers to every question and have every detailed planed out. When would I start? How much does it cost? Where are we going to work? Oh no, we need a truck!!! How big of a truck do we need? 16ft? 22ft? 28ft? Do I need my CDL? So, I really didn't think about getting a CDL. I did, however, think that I would need a cool trucker hat and Jenny and I would need CB radio call signs like The Professor and Pretty Lady J . Not to mention, learn all the trucker lingo and find out all the stops between here and Orlando that we could stop at and hang out with our fellow truckers. Ok, so a bit ambitious and a little wierd I know, considering our truck will be about 16ft, only have 6 wheels and say Penski Rental on the side. None the less my mind became very occupied with all these thoughts, to the point of having a headache for three days. During this time though, God really spoke to my heart about our true purpose and pursuit in moving to Orlando. While dwelling on what I felt the Lord had been speaking to me and the words I had heard for some friends already in seminary, the headache began to fade. I began to realize that my purpose in moving to Orlando was not so much to obtain a degree, but rather become more like my Lord and Savior with every step. Of course, as we see it now, I will attend seminary and the outcome of that will most likley be a degree. If that is all though, then I belive I have truly failed. For what does a degree from any school hold in comparison to walking in obedience to the Lord as he sanctifies us? Sure going to school could be a part of the sanctification process that the Lord has for my wife and I; but I belive that it is just that, a part. Our ultimate goal is the glory of God and our joy in Him as we are sanctified. To set out for seminary is ok but not the greatest joy. To set out in obedience to an all powerfull, all loving, completey just God who has His glory held first and foremost is our greatest joy. No matter how it turns out or ends up, we will worship and trust in His sovreignty. We praise God for the doors he has opened and will joyfully run through them in hopes of becoming more like Him in the process.

Steve

Comments

  1. At first when I started reading the posts I thought well this might be something that Jenny is just doing, but then I saw this post by Steve. I think it's cool that you guys are doing this together. It's important for couples to share things like this together. I appreciate how both of you have a strong passion for following God. It is always a challenge to me to live better after I hear about how you two are following Christ faithfully. Thanks for being "true" Christians.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adding to the Family!

Dear Grandma...

Surprise Arrival!